Our church put some Resolutions in our church bulletin by Jonathan Edwards. I have seen these before, but a few of them really stuck out to me that I would really love to make my 2013 resolutions.
1. Resolved, that I will live so as I shall wish I had done when I come to die. (my fav)
2. Resolved, to inquire every night, as I am going to bed, wherein I have been negligent, what sin I have committed, and wherein I have denied myself.
3. Resolved, never to speak evil of anyone, so that it shall tend to his dishonor, more or less, upon no account except for some real good.
4. Let there be something of benevolence in all that I speak
5. Resolved, to act, in all respects, both speaking and doing, as if nobody had been vile as I, and as if I had committed the same sins, or had the same infirmities or failings as others, and that I will let the knowledge of their failings promote nothing but shame in myself, and prove only an occasion of my confessing my own sins and misery to God.
There’s so many more wonderful applicable ones to mention; but for the sake of brevity and clarity, I will stop at 5. Happy New Year friends, I hope it finds you closer to the Lord than ever before.