Can you believe that in two months, our baby will ONE YEAR OLD?!?!? Can you believe it?!? As I prepare these posts for him every month, I am never not amazed how the time really does fly.
So, let’s get to it!
Our baby in a word: STANDING!
won’t exactly cruise yet, but it getting so close I can barely take it.
Fun things about Daniel
- He pulls himself up on anything study enough to support his weight.
- He is still maintaining the “army crawl” but he will get on his knees to inch himself closer to the things that he wants.
- he is partial to crawling to the bathroom.
- he LOVES to look behind doors
- He does everything it seems with his index finger.
- He gives hugs and kisses. (if course with an open mouth)
- he is very very curious, so staying in my arms for very long is rare.
- He is very happy in the mornings.
- He is JABBERING A LOT NOW. Using different noises and sounds. (see video at the bottom of the post)
- He says: ‘dadadadaaadddaaa” and it melts my heart. His “mamamamamamamam” days are seldom.
- A not so fun tidbit of Daniel, but I think it’s just apart of his personality, is that he STILL cries when I walk out of the room in our house. Both Dennis and I always get a whimper. He LOVES PEOPLE!
- The grocery store and shopping malls are his play ground. He LOVES to make conversation with the people.
- he still loves to play with anything real. (remote, phone, iPod)
- a thing we learned last night at dinner when an older song came on was that he likes to dance! He was eating his dinner and started to bounce in a dance like way when it came on. It was sooo cute, and it made us both chuckle. I was amazed. I guess all this crazy dancing I have been doing is finally paying off!
Weight: I am guessing a full 20 pounds if not more.
Height: I don’t know. He was 50th percentile for height at his 9-month check up
Diapers: Size 3
Clothes: 9 months and up to 12 depending on type of clothing.
Teeth: 2 bottom, and 2 top have broken through but are not obvious to sigh yet.
Nursing & Eating:
10:00 a.m. milk and then yogurt afterwards
12:00p.m. snack (cheerios, puffs, yogurt melts, etc)
12:30-1:30- milk (before his nap)
6:30- dinner. vegetables or whatever we have that he can eat.
7:30 p.m.- 6:30a.m. (has been in a habit of waking up around 3am that we are trying to break)
7:30a.m- 10:00a.m. morning nap
1:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m.- afternoon nap
sometimes a cat nap in the evening, but not often
7:30 p.m. bedtime
I know this is not a routine of mine, but I thought I was add some annoying things about Daniel:
- he cries when you stop the car
- he cries when you leave the room
- he is a light, easily woken sleeper
- he whimpers when you walk in his room with him (I guess he things he is going to bed?)
- he gets bored with his toys easily (which I realize is my fault)
- I know he can’t help it, but I don’t love his cowlick.
I still thank the Lord every day that I have this precious child, cowlick and all, and am beyond blessed to call motherhood my profession. Love you Daniel.