Being a stay at home wife is hard work. It is not an easy job, but it is the most joyful work I have ever been apart of. The truth is, this is my dream. I once walked into a house of a mom with twin girls. Her house was a disaster, her laundry was piled high in more than a few baskets, her dishes were stacked in her sink, and toys (from her oldest child) was all over the place. I envied this woman. I wanted to be her. I wished that apartment was MY mess.
I have my own share of mess. I cannot say that my house has looked in such desperation as this apartment I am speaking of, BUT, the mess I envied that day is not like the same type of envy I have now. I would give a lot of money to avoid our share of it.
Having a new baby at home,
Yes, this one. . . . leaves me with a desire to cuddle, play, sing, read and well, nap, with him. So, once that is all done, I look around and realize it’s dinner time, and I have not gotten much accomplished in the realm of house keeping.
So, I made a schedule. And just in case there any moms like me out there, this may help you get a thing or two done. Or at least the awareness that something needs to be done today and you are aware of it before the day is over. I will no more say: “I could have swept today” or “I should have washed the bed sheets, today.”
- Do ALL laundry. Wash, dry, fold and put away.
- Clip coupons/find coupons and start a grocery list
- Iron any clothes that need it
- dust every room in the house
- wash sheets and towels/washcloths, etc.
- gather all trash and replace with clean bags
- Office work: photography editing, emailing, bill paying, budgeting, etc.
- Vacuum, sweep and mop all floors in the house.
- Clean ALL bathrooms.
- Organize and straighten up any clutter or disorganization in house. (mail, clothes piles, shoes, etc)
- Deep clean kitchen
- sweep all floors & final touches for a work free weekend.
This allows me a blue print of the day, a fair share of guilt if it does not happen, and an incentive to be guilt-free Saturday and Sunday to solely do what I want to do. Even if it is to just read and play with my lil guy.