This is a post reviewing Daniel’s progress at his third month of life. Please enjoy his pictures and stats, but know that I realize that these details probably do not matter to you, but they are posted for my records as I “scrapbook” our days together.
This is the day he came home from the hospital.
Jan- 2 days old
1 Month (Feb)
2 Months (March)
And, finally………..3 months- (April) 12 weeks, not quite three full months
our baby in a word: Delightful
Daniel has made such great progress!!! We are really starting to enjoy our days with Daniel. I have got to say, the first three months of raising a child is HARD! But now that we are starting to reach some important milestones, I am really enjoying being his mom!
So, to review, let’s start with the essentials:
- He eats around 5am, 8:30 am, around 11-12p.m., 3pm, 6pm, and again around 8ish before bed. and he may wake up again before his 5am feeding, but the time is often unpredictable.
- probably eating between 4-5 ounces each time.
- completes a feeding in about 15-20 minutes.
- Sleeping is the BIGGEST improvement this month because he is starting to develop a routine. I am so happy about this because the lack of routine was driving me crazy.
- He wakes at 8:30 a.m. for his late morning feeding and then sleeps until about 11am-ish.
- He will go back down for a nap around 12:30 and sleep until around 3pm. (sometimes earlier sometimes a little later)
- He will take a small cat nap in the evenings for about 30 minutes or so.
- He goes down to bed around 8:30 p.m. and is out for the night until his late late night feeding. (sometimes he will skip this)
- He sleeps in his crib for his afternoon nap, and starts out in his crib for the night. When he wakes up for his late night or early morning feeding, he stays in the bed with me for the rest of the night and morning.
- He is still swaddled.
- before bed I read to him a Bible Story while he eats, and then I sing to him “Beautiful Jesus” before laying him in his crib.
Personality & Milestones
- Size 1 diapers in Pampers Swaddlers.
- Size 0-3 month clothes pretty comfortably but starting to outgrow his 0-3 onesies. :(
- estimating about 12 pounds.
- I am pretty sure he has colic, but I do think that it might be getting better. He still has a predictable “scream fest” in the evenings, but as I said, the past couple of days has improved
- It is possible that he could have acid reflux because he has started really spitting up and losing what I would consider to be a good amount of his feeding.
- He is very delightful and fun.
- people say he looks like Dennis. Only two people have said he looks like me, and one of them has never met Dennis. go figure!
- poo’s at least once a day if not more
- likes to be read to. (ABC book by Dr. Seuss)
- responds to music (mobile, my singing)
- watches Baby Einstein
- still really responds to his “Mammylanny”
- likes to cuddle close
- is content outside with Dennis in his bouncer
- has noticed the dog.
- still crooks his little foot when he eats.
- gets pretty mad during tummy time.
- can sit in his Bumbo seat but not for too long because his head is still a little heavy for him.
- likes to take a bath with me, or shower with Dennis, but otherwise, HATES the water during bath time.
- does not mind being changed and seems to like his changing table.
- does not like to be left alone for too long, and will roll his lip under to cry if he gets too lonely.
- does not love to be ‘worn’ in my sling. It could be because I am doing something wrong.
- is in the nursery at church now.
- smiles big and responds to people when they talk to him.
- calmed in the car while riding.
I think that is all I can think of for now.