One week ago today, our baby boy was born. In a week we have learned a lot about him.
We know that:
- he sleeps soundly; hard to wake up
- wakes one time during the night: usually between 2:30-3:30 and then not again until after 6. (we are blessed parents and we know it)
- wakes up with eyes open for about an hour or so at night but otherwise sleeps through most of the day
- he eats every three hours. some times he wants to eat every two, some times not for four… but he has gotten A LOT better at it.
- eats 2 or more ounces at each feeding.
- He was a very sleepy baby at breast, and now he can keep up and stay awake.
- It takes him about 45 minutes to eat a good meal, and about 10 from the bottle.
- fights to eat if he gets too hungry.
- weighs 6 pounds 11 oz after a drop from 6 pounds 4 oz.
- He is a great burper.
- he does not spit up.
- he loves to stretch by extending his hands straight out.
- he "coos"
- he takes a pacifier but does not require it to sleep or remain calm
- he does not mind his diaper being changed
- loves to be swaddled tight